Daily/Special/Monthly Rewards

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Parma, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Parma

Parma Active Member

If November writs rewards are gonna be the same as October's I'd suggest changing the 1 Surpassing Stone to a pack of 3 or something, otherwise compared to a 5-pack of Reverse Stones it's not going to get picked much.

Rewards on Special tab could be revised as well. Rabbini box is cool, ellun pack is cool, unbinding scroll is cool. Shoulder cat and hameon crystals are ok. The collection initialization scroll isn't of much use these days imo. Evolving weapon probably isn't very useful as well anymore. Maybe move whatever free mount we get each month from Daily Rewards (Pumpkin Coach, Immortal Rider, etc) into the Special tab instead, makes a bit more sense.
    Don't really have any ideas of what else could be added there. If anyone disagrees with my assessment of the rewards or has any ideas for different ones please speak up.

2. Ruyran

Ruyran Active Member

Praise theCollection Initialization Scroll! lol
    Imo that's gonna be of quite some use at a later point (after next big update as far as i know/hope) so I personally wouldn't want that to be removed.
    About the evolving weapon tho.. may agree there. Most ppl nowadays get themselves powerleveld and it doesn't really need this weapon until lvl 40, where you can get free karasha gear if you do choose to quest solo.
    For the rest I agree aswell. Hameon crystals seem nice if you want some talent power or simple seals for your gear as newbie.
    Ellun box? Everyone loves free ellun :D
    Rabbini box? Seems fine to me for those who missed out the summer event, to have some free chances on spice/sugar rabbinis (or anything missing for that one collection)
    Unbind Scroll? Sure, why not. Might come handy for some people who got some ellora gears to unbind for a friend or whatever.

Couldn't think of anything else to be added there either, that wont get abused by multi-account whoreing.

For the writ NPC, I can't say that the amount of surpassig stones for 1 writ needs to be increased as they have a far higher success chance than those reverses, so the 1 stone should usually be enough to keep it equal to 5 reverse stones (acutally 1 surpass has a higher chance than 5 reverses in my experience).

3. Parma

Parma Active Member

Can't speak about what's to come in future collections but when (if) that comes by all means let the scroll make a comeback. As for your assessment of the remaining Special tab rewards it's exactly the same as mine.

Yes, surpass fails less than reverse but that's because reverse fails like crazy for us common mortals. My logic was that since on Ellora, Alsas, Teleo, etc Reverse goes up to 5 and Surpass goes up to 6, imagining you use the 4 writs for one thing or the other you would get either 10 Reverse Stones or 12 Surpassing Stones which makes the numbers match nicely.

4. Ruyran

Ruyran Active Member

The numbers might match with your suggestion then but the chances wouldn't be balanced in any way.
    Think how far you get in average with 12 surpass stones... might even be able to finish one equip piece like that and start a 2nd pieces surpassing, whereas 10 reverse tries end up with a max of 1 success (if even, whenever I hear someone trying to use those, I usually only hear "all failed" xD), depending on your current reverse level as it seems to fail more often on higher levels unlike surpasssing. So at the moment the numbers might not match but the chances do.

I am not opposed of the thought that the lvl 60 surpassing stones might get a bit more accessable for those who want to work manually on dropped Alsas gear instead of going succession craft, to make both paths equally "easy" to progress. But I don't think it is really neccessary as the droprate of lv 60 surpass stones already got boosted in the way of adding them to Lv 50 legendary dungeon and Wyrm Tomb loot.

5. WhiteBerry

WhiteBerry Active Member

I think that the monthly rewards need to slightly modified and perhaps the special rewards just a bit of a refresh.

If we could alternate between awakened chacha and kiki that would be nice since some players like me prefer the HP and I think Tanks would too :p

The rest of the special rewards seem fine, rabinis and elluns are a definite bonus to anyone who isn't full sugar and spice. Crystals are also handy for talent though Rodesh Crystals (higher level) would be nicer since these have 1000 talent but aren't as good for tempering (LVL 1 only). But that's not a big deal.

I believe the weapons should stay since some new players who might not know about power leveling would probably struggle and/or complain too much about leveling without them. They give a huge boost early on.

My real problem is with the monthly rewards. These lvl 5-7 gem boxes which are always terrible, lvl 50 reforging stones and the lack of a reverse package this month.

I understand that not all rewards can be as useful as the familiar bags, premium bags, ellun boxes etc but maybe we could have something like 3 x taming, temper and crafting boosters.

The reverse packages were a really nice addition and I'm hoping they should come back.

Even if it was a single lvl 55 surpassing stone or a single lvl 60 surpassing stone that's better than the 5-7 gem boxes. Never gotten ANYTHING good from them lol.

Ideally a pack of 5 x lvl 55 surpassing stones would be nice. I'm sure there's lots of other utility items available like the daily physical/magical buff package (without cooldown), etc etc

I can't think of any off the top of my head but I'm sure I will be able to later when I'm in game

6. Parma

Parma Active Member

I wasn't really thinking about the success of them, just purely the numbers because I highly doubt that someone who gets 2 writs will choose to get 2 Surpassing Stones instead of 5 Reverse Stones even if they tend to fail more (because you can still very likely fail the 2 surpassing stones)
    edit - there are many more Alsas dropping in the server these days, and some pieces with good stats that people might want to surpass that way, doesn't really matter for you or me, but it does to them.

Berry the thing about the evolving weapon is it doesn't actually increase your DPS by that much. And then there's:
    - All the common/elite/heroic ones you get via questing (including Lazard at Lv60+)
    - A similar weapon as mentee reward which can only be used up until Lv50 or something (which ofc some people can miss out on)
    - Permanent Karasha
    - Ellora Rental (14 day)
    - Teleo Rental (7 day and repeatable)
    - A surplus of Alsas weapons in auction for every class
    Even for people leveling up they're only going to use it for a little bit.
    If people think that it really is that useful maybe it could be added to that 1st quest where you get a Designer Bag + Mecca Calypto, etc. But getting it every month isn't useful.

WhiteBerry likes this.
  7. WhiteBerry

WhiteBerry Active Member

Yeah I totally forgot about the similar growth type weapon and teleo rental - makes sense to remove the growth type.

The only thing I can think off instead of the weapon is a 7-day portal pass

Edit: There's a 14-day autloot emblem already in monthly rewards so I don't see the harm in including a transit shrine pass