Happy Easter Project Icarus!

Discussion in 'Events' started by Younha, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Younha

Younha GameMaster Staff Member GameMaster

Moderating for Project Icarus 2.0!
    Hello Warriors of Ellora!
    The Easter Event will start TOMORROW!

We changed it up a little on this one, we hope you like it.
    We've placed a new NPC in Hakains Crossing - Victory Square,
    where you can find out what to do for this months Easter Event!

The NPC looks like this -

[​IMG]

Go check out Easter Bunny Rabbini for some fun!

The Easter Event starts TOMORROW &,
    The Easter Event will be running for the rest of THIS MONTH.

So you'll have enough time to get what you deserve!
    The NPC will tell you what to do, so make sure you read what he has to say!

We're gonna have a lot more and better Events in the future,
    now that we learned new things about Icarus as a Project.

Have fun!

You can download the
    Manual Patch here if you can't see Quests
    > http://updater.icarusonline.to/manualpatch.rar
    Download it and unpack it to the Icarus folder.

I'm going to open this Thread tomorrow, so you can share you thoughts with us. & Tell us what you think!

Happy early Easter!
    ~Younha

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2017
  2. lyryal

lyryal Newbie

Nice thinking . Few points to notice :
    -you dont need a party for daily event quests ,just group an afker . Kills the purpose of being party quests if you can cheapshot your way out of it
    - rewards seems okay , a little bit to random but to me thats how i like it
    -higher and longer grindfest than the previous event
    - would have been nice to get quests to do all 3 raids . More boxes overall so the unlucky player feels less dissappointed .

3. Valaria

Valaria Active Member

My thoughts/experiences regarding that event, since it's almost done:

in general, for me it was a good event and I enjoyed it.

Party Quests:
    It wasn't that much work, just about 1 hour each day for finishing all those dungeons and getting 3 boxes.
    Most of those Items, especially from 40s and 60s boxes, were tradeable, and cause it doesn't take too much time I decided to do it on 2 chars every day.
    As lyryal already said, you don't need to run dungeons WITH someone else, you just need to be in a party. Those people can also be offline, still counts for quest as party. Is kinda cheating but, who cares in the end. Atleast everyone tried to get someone else in a group :D
    I've done my daily dungeons. Got some loot, tamed some horses/dragons/antus, got some alsas meanwhile, I was a bit busy for an OKish amount of time, not too much. Good thing.

Solo Quest:
    I.... dunno about that one. I saw a few people grinding for 10-marble-boxes and tried those 5-marble-boxes myself, but all I heard and got myself was kinda not worth the 2-5hrs working on collecting powders..
    After 2 Silver Boxes I decided to stop and just take the powders I get from dungeon mobs every day and buy those 1-marble-boxes as little extra every day.
    Really wasn't in the mood to farm 5hrs+ for one chest just to get 1 Full Growth Potion in the end, where I can get 3-5 from farm-fishing everyday or simply by buying them for 200g xD
    As a little extra ever day or every two days, those boxes are o.k. but for grinding the sh*t out of some mobs the whole day.. dunno.
    Maybe someone got some good stuff out of them and can tell me they are worth, but from my experiences, nope.

Rewards in general:
    I especially liked the 60s boxes, cause I got a preview of what I can get. And I had a 2nd chance if it wasn't what I wanted on first try. 30 Ellun, yeah ok why not, still worth most of the items in there. Would've been nice to have those kind of boxes for 40s and 50s too, but I was also OK with those random boxes for those quests.
    For me, the single 170s stone and also the Ellora Gear boxes could have been left out. They are kinda... useless regarding all the other items. Or atleast a 5/10 pack of those stones would've been better. But it showed up kinda rare for me so I was OK with that. For people that still need Ellora Gear, maybe also those boxes were kinda a nice reward so, I don't mind that aswell in the end.

Even tho, the "values" of those Items in the boxes were kinda reaaaally far apart. I mean.. It's a huge difference if I get a 170s Tempering stone or a fated Space Ghost Mark. If I get 1 Full Growth Potion or a 50% Blessed Heroic Stone. etc etc.
    Especially those random Familiar Boxes that were kinda really really really rare, were so damn op. With those lucky people that got Mecca Poyo, Awakened Golden Laiku or some nice Legy Fectura-Boss Pets. I also got one of those boxes. Got a Mecca Karasha *sob* But yeah, my luck sucks anyway and I was also just able to get one of those Flying Cotton Candies, but I'm ok with that. Atleast I got something :>

At the end, it's all about luck and RNG, as always. It's fun but it can also be very disappointing if you don't get anything you need for days.
    Of Course people are about to always get the "high value" stuff like 50% Stones, Mounts, Costumes etc. It's nothing about complaining or else, we just want the highest possible value out of RNG Stuff, it's normal. Noone would say "yay, a 170s Tempering Stone, so much better than everything else in here"

I was able to get a nice amount of 30d Weapon Skins, Back Accessories, Shoulder Accessories, Costumes and Premium Bags, and this fact I really really appreciated in this event. Cause it'll save a lot of ellun for the next months cause I don't need to buy all those things over and over again :>
    And regarding the 50% Stones. For me, It's nice that it were "just" 50% Stones, cause there's still a bit of gambling with that. Looking back at those Poyo-Event with those Divine 1-3 Lvl Stones that were kinda OP x)

Summary
    I really appreciated the event and the free stuff we were able to get every day. Enjoyed it more than previous events with Snowmans/Uru+Troy etc. They were too OP cause of that unlimited amount of stuff you were able to farm every day. Such events could maybe be made for a weekend, 2-3 days, but are waaay too much for weeks or even a whole month.
    For this event, you had to spent a little amount of time to get some nice free stuff everyday. Nothing we needed to sit on the whole day without breaks.
    Sure most of us probably didn't get everything but we can still buy/trade stuff or wait for another event to may get some stuff we were not able to get this time.

We wanted sth to do. We got sth to do.
    We wanted 50% Stones. We got them.
    We wanted new mounts. We got them.
    etc etc
    All in all a good event. Thanks for that. *flies away on Cotton Candy*

Note: This is no complaining. This is no QQ. This is just my opinion on the event. Nothing is wrong on it, cause it's MY experience on this event and YOU can't correct MY experiences.

Rollita and Ruyran like this.
  4. Ruyran

Ruyran Active Member

I guess Valaria just hit the nail in right spot! 100% Aggred with that :D *thumbs up*
    Keep it up!

5. Silk

Silk Active Member

This event wasn't for us, having to do EFF or Rift made it so we didn't bother with the event as we don't much like these two so we didn't bother with the event, I am sure there are plenty others like us that feel the same way but wont say anything.

Looking at Val's post above and I don't feel like we really missed out on anything worthwhile.

Much preferred the Uru/troy event as we could put as much or as little time and still get some decent rewards, didn't feel OP to me as the rewards for most people made nice seals for your gear.

Not a complaint just feed back, the event just kinda turned into a break from the game for us.

Last edited: May 1, 2017
  6. Valaria

Valaria Active Member

@Silk
    I already offered you my help before the event even started. Told you I can help with those dungeons, with the mechanics and how to survive insta-kills etc.
    If people can't clear dungeons in small groups of 2-3 people or solo dungeons like breach or EFF it's not that big problem. Sure not everyone can have best gear, ping, fps and skill knowledge to do everything alone.
    But you don't need to complain about "not being able to clear dungeons" if you don't accept help from other people then.
    There were plenty of groups every day, a lot of people looking for dungeons. You just need to get active and look for someone else then.

Just *poke* someone ingame or in forum to help you then, usually people here aren'T werwolfes that eat you alive if you come too close... or are we? Dunno
    It's all up to you. It's not Sub's fault if people don't look for help.

Just saying. Won't start to go offtopic now.

Last edited: May 1, 2017
  7. Silk

Silk Active Member

I play with my wife and son and we tend to avoid "pugs" as we don't like drama, that's not going to change because of an event which is why I said this event wasn't for us. Nothing wrong with not liking every single event.

Like I said some people wont say anything or give feedback, to avoid replies like you just made Val,

It's not a complaint just feedback.

8. Rollita

Rollita Newbie

IMO this event was way better than Valentine's event, ill rather run 16 dungeons (only 2 toons) than run 150 dungeons and get 6 chocolates... Yes the rewards werent always great (cough -marbles- cough) but it was still better than wasting a day farming and praying for the chocolate to drop. Cant compare it to the halloween or christmas events as i wasnt here at that time.