Icarus Na idol changes + mod request

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Nick86, Jun 24, 2017.

1. Nick86

Nick86 Newbie

I read some dudes on steam speaking about it so i tried the game directly and unfortunately i noticed that nexon changed the idol class (trickster) for the west market, this screenshoot i found there show the difference:
    http://imgur.com/jSOCFbd

Can someone create a mod or upload the files to replace the modified model with the original korean/japanese one?

2. Valaria

Valaria Active Member

maybe nexon changed their idol/trickster for them but that probably won't influence us, we still have the normal one and I don't think that will change here just because nexon made changes on their version.
    I don't even know if it's legal/allowed/possible to use our files as mods for the nexon client.

Can't even see any difference between those 2 idol versions on those screens x)

3. Nick86

Nick86 Newbie

The difference is not a big deal, but i manage to use your client files over the Nexon one and it worked.

Pratically they place a purple texture on the legs and change the bikini preset into a pajamas. Maybe they add more changes to different armours but i can't log-in atm to test other stuff.

Is very similar to what they did with Tera censorship, nostalgia, i feel like we back many years back. :D

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
  4. Nunally

Nunally Newbie

As far as I know, they changed it because of a HUGE complains on forum, how they don´t want to see a sexualized child character running around...I actually like their idea of adding "leggins", but i don´t mind how the Korean ver. looks like either. By the way, they also changed the name, it´s not Idol but a Trickster. :D The moment they annouced they´re adding loli I was so curious how they look like lol cause it´s Nexon, they always change something :D but no matter what they add, this server is 100x better :p

5. Nick86

Nick86 Newbie

Well, yes there is a topic with some complains but they are the same 10 people who whine with the same redundant silly argouments, the game is so niche with a tiny playerbase that these hypocrties (these people will just jump to the next mmo after some weeks) are nonfactors.
    They also remove from the main menù the bear pelouche she hold.

Anyway i dislike stupid censorship, expecially on fictional media like games, i can surely change a file to restore the original model but as a principle and as an anime fan they insult us. And you are right, this server is 100 better and moreover since the population is very tiny the Nexon version will close within a year or less anyway.

6. Valaria

Valaria Active Member

The community on nexon always just cries. I was there in closed beta tests, everything was good. Even Founder's Release was pretty nice, but when it was released for everyone, all those little crybabies came, from other game etc. I've known a lot of people and they were already complaining about everything in other games they played.

They started at the first week, to permanently ask about Ranger, and similiar to that saying that "noone wants Idol" and that it's just sexualizing children etc. That KR have a whole other mentality on that, yeah, they don't want to hear that. In our countries if you play some almost naked child-like character you're a big pervert.
    Tbh the Nexon version looks better for me, but that's because I just don't like the idea of that deformed child-like human being itself. :D That underwear outfit from nexon atleast let's it look like it has more normal shapes :D And it's not like you see that underwear for long, so it's not even important (stop staring at half naked childlike things pervert! :D )

But you're right, this censorship is unneccessary. Just because in our mentality everyone is a rapist and pervert, sucks that Nexon has to do this step, but they're always changing anything if just one person starts complaining.
    That's why I'm always afraid of a big flood of NX people coming here. Let's hope they just join us if they like what we have and not to complain about our server aswell :D

7. Nunally

Nunally Newbie

Haha :D yeah, I played Nexon´s version of Icarus at first, but then I came across this private server and left. I occasionaly check their forums, and it always assures me I made a good choice to leave. I was very surprised to see so much more content on private server and hated how Nexon totally changed almost everything. And I really didn´t get all that hate for Idols. As a girl, I find them cute, but seems like according to Western minds I am a pervert for playing this class o_O and then those hypocrites says "just play the character you like" ...:rolleyes:

yeah they even had to merge two servers, I think it was NA servers? Anyways, I really don´t mind if the loli has the leggins or not ;) It was just a good idea to shut those mouths of complainers.

8. Nebulus

Nebulus Newbie

they are also going to merge the other servers into one big huge one thats the plan anyways, sub should tell them how to run servers has its a d/c fest over there xD