NA Server (Testing Phase)

Discussion in 'News and Updates' started by SubZero, Nov 26, 2017.

1. SubZero

SubZero Administrator Staff Member

We will be hosting a test server in North America for a maximum of 2 weeks. All existing accounts and characters have been copied to this new server in order to facilitate testing, but will be wiped at the end of the testing period. During the testing period, cross-server PvP with the EU server will be enabled in Stygaea. Please report any crashes or latency issues you may experience here.

swaggy and Waifu like this.
  2. swaggy

swaggy Newbie

Can we be given the option to transfer our characters from EU to NA after the server is officially released? My game play is A LOT more smoother in NA server (because I live in NA ofc) and I would likely play on the NA server after it's released but the feeling of starting over again is kinda sad because I spent quite some time on my EU characters already.

This may be out of no where but I'm pretty excited for this NA server! As a Nexon Icarus veteran, many Riders of Icarus players don't actually know that the game has a private server that's NOT pay to win and all about time and effort put in. Nexon servers are actually slowly dying due to the amount of real life money used to get gold in game instead of grinding dungeons. This makes the free to play players not able to have enough people around to go into dungeons and as a result, the free to play players have nothing to do and become inactive and the game slowly dies. The other day, I saw other veteran players actually leaving and saying their farewells, complaining about the new shop updates containing rng boxes for op mounts and pets. My point is, I truly believe this new NA server can bring in lots of people because I know that many had loved this game but left because it was difficult to progress further without paying. As long as we can aware that Riders of Icarus had a private server called Project Icarus. I guarantee you, Quite some people will come and try it out because this game just has amazing potential but Nexon failed to bring it to it's point.

This is from my point of view as one of the oldest Nexon Riders of Icarus players
    My first character created in NA server Kalas
    Kalas merged with Hakain into Teleo server
    I was there to see the very first Agnas the Red tamed and annouced in Kalas

Waifu likes this.
  3. Younha

Younha GameMaster Staff Member GameMaster

Moderating for Project Icarus 2.0!
    We've mentioned it before that we are NOT going to transfer any characters from EU to NA.
    NA Server will get a boost in the beginning though, to catch up with EU.

For example - Server Buffs.
    Random Event NPCS.

That'll cover, harder tasks in the beginning. Keep in mind EU had to start even harder, because back then EU was on a really old version of Icarus.
    Now that it became so much easier, it is not going to be a problem at all.

We're here to listen. And to make it work for everybody, BUT transfers are NOT going to be an option.

Swagafire and TheSage like this.
  4. Yavlavion

Yavlavion Newbie

What if you made a character on the NA server and you're new to Project Icarus and used the daily rewards on that character? What should you do?

5. SubZero

SubZero Administrator Staff Member

pm me the account name and character name. then i will transfer it to your EU character.

Xupenga likes this.
  6. XaliousKGS

XaliousKGS Newbie

Hello,

I'm new to Project Icarus but left RoI due to p2w schemes. Myself and several of my old guild mates just started on the EU server today. I just found this thread and was wondering if we have a time line for NA release or if it's test phase had been complete yet?

7. Younha

Younha GameMaster Staff Member GameMaster

Moderating for Project Icarus 2.0!
    ^ I'll be giving you more info on that once I talked to SubZero. :)

8. Krice

Krice Newbie

I saw the staggering difference in votes between launch now or launch with lv70 update. I take it the launch early wins. Do we have a time frame for this? Id like some notice so I can get shifts covered at work. ^_^

9. Hunter8

Hunter8 Newbie

HI,

Im new to Project Icarus (still level 16, in EU), but I am coming from ROI, and now that Project is going to have a server in NA, I understand that i need to create a new Character in the NA server but am i able to keep my character name, or can i Delete the EU character and create a new one with the same name on the NA server? What are my options when it comes to keeping my Character name? or is it possible?

Thanks

10. Swagafire

Swagafire Newbie

You can delete the char on EU and remake on NA with same name

Hunter8 likes this.
  11. Hunter8

Hunter8 Newbie

Thank you so much for that. :)

12. Hunter8

Hunter8 Newbie

Is there a cool down time for the name before i can remake in NA?

13. Swagafire

Swagafire Newbie

Nope

Hunter8 likes this.