New drops (work in progress)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by SubZero, Apr 4, 2018.

1. DeathGun

DeathGun Newbie

I agree almost on everything: D zelnaris is really WOW also because already at +5 with the 5/5 lap and transcend at 6/7 has 18k of dps (from temper) + 3k basic hahaha stuff that at +10 you'll surely come at 22-25k dps (from temper), only the bracket that is the example taken by our friend Ruyran would be enough to eliminate 50-60% of the competition in the server, which he is one of the few who already have a zelnaris; ) So you can not complain because now he can point already to make the set jewerly and set bloodness, while we as we can say "common mortals" we still have to craft the weapon and hope that there is the crafta xD

Ps. a perfect Temain staff and upped in all from 10k of dps.

2. tankyObelisk

tankyObelisk Newbie

DeathGun, you are clueless somehow. +10 Zelnaris has 70k+ mag/phys attack, not just 25k blunt dps, when maxed out temain right now is around 13-16k attack or 10k+ blunt dps depending on class, reverse and awakening level. Fear that day when mythical gear gets blessed 30%, 50% and 100% stones and weapon awakening in the future.
    Btw, i would love to farm reverse stones and zelnaris marks in some another way rather than just dailies for marks and rare drop stones in RRB.
    In summary, more 180/190+ heroic stones, 250 stones, L65 surpassing stones, higher or changed drop/reverse temper rate for reverse and more salant stones for bloodless crafting, only possible 1 per day in stygaea quest, the other one in rrb is impossible right now, nobody got further than lucid elfer, let alone killed cursed skill captain.

WhiteBerry likes this.
  3. WhiteBerry

WhiteBerry Active Member

I'd like to provide my opinion as well. I'll post twice, one post covering the reasoning and addressing some of the points earlier, and one post providing a clear summary of what I think should be implemented.

Firstly, let's clear up some misconceptions:

@Antonis @DeathGun
    Zelnaris is still god-tier and the comparison between +25 maxed out Temain and +10 Zelnaris (though that isn't possible for now) would let you know that.
    The same thing goes for the Zelnaris accessories. Have you seen the stats on the jewl? 15% cast time, 32% is max hp roll, 4 stats instead of 3 AND the 25% overall attack
    Zelnaris was meant to still be godly. Not just for lvl 60. Temain doesn't stand a chance.

We definitely need more Legendary Seal Stones, yes.
    We don't need more +5 extractors. Jeranin, RRB, and in general, +5ing is easy with gold coins and a bit of gold.​

I'd like to disagree with the thought of crafting Ellora. I think it's become obsolete, the mats for crafting aren't easily obtainable anymore, and they drop so frequently that it's only a matter of time before you get enough items to 6/6 your Ellora item. Not only that, IF the transcendence rate is increased then the entire concept can be thrown out of the window.
    I think that the RATE of Reversing should be increased rather than the amount of stones received or adding them as a rare drop/increasing drop rate. It would also benefit those who receive Reverse Stones from logging in and not just grinders.

The Lvl.55 surpassing stones can stay for 200g, however if people are still complaining then the price can be slashed down to 100g. We don't need them dropping because most people will not use them anymore and these are UNTRADABLE, UNSELLABLE.
    Zelnaris Marks, well, as Ruyran pointed out you will receive more marks for crafting the Zelnaris gear than the required Zelnaris Soul Stones for the same item.

As for the tempering stone topic, I agree with you in as much as I think we need 180 Jewl and Heroic Stones dropping from 50s at a 50% rate (hehe). I suppose 190 and 200 Heroics could be added as a rare/very rare drop to Tomb Legendary (seems fitting since it's the Lvl 65 dungeon).

@Ruyran I think McBain coins are too grindy compared to getting a good party for RRB. RRB gives a lot more than Zelnaris related items and the grind for McBain coins isn't remotely enjoyable. Like, at all. Maybe the McBain coins required could be sliiightly decreased or added to the world bosses as you suggested, though I still think that people who won't PvP... well, they won't PvP. I don't see the point in Alsas simple recipes but I suppose they serve some purpose within the game. I wouldn't mind if they were completely removed at this stage but that's just me. I think Zelnaris Soul Stones should have a (slightly) increased drop rate since the nature of the small server results in the lack of farm runs, even if people are running. Agreed with having Mythical Tempering Stones drop rate increase. I think that people who get Zelnaris should be able to take it to +3 without waiting a long time for RNJesus since it will be comparable to Temain at extremely low tempers. Hence, I'd request for a SIGNIFICANT increase in the Mythical Tempering Stone drop rate to the extent that people could luckily drop it, put it on the Auction House and make huge profits. It should be a part of the game's economy. I think what you said about the Card Buff is interesting and only the tip of the iceberg. I'd like to take it one step further and say that the ENTIRE event should be brought back as a permanent event. This would reduce the disparity between old players and new players, provide some great pets, allow people to build drop set and temper sets, etc. It would help NA a lot too.

Superior Taming Orb and Elixirs should drop more frequently, but not in insane quantities as you have to bear in mind that Antares is going to be the end-game seal for the next 6-9 months (minimum).

I think that EFF drops should be revamped, other stuff should drop from there AND you should pretty much always get a Temain (succession) recipe in L5 party of 6.
    Temain (succession) recipes should also be added to Tomb Legendary with the more or less the same drop percentage as in EFF Legendary.

ogchamsam and Antonis like this.
  4. WhiteBerry

WhiteBerry Active Member

Summary:

40 Legendary Dungeons:
    • Legendary Seal Stones. Always 1 per run.
    • Reverse Stone OR Redeemer at a 7.5% rate
    • Relic Identification Tool at a 50% chance
    50 Legendary Dungeons:
    • Legendary Seal Stones. Always 1 per run.
    • Lvl 180 Jewl and Heroic Stones at a 50% rate in L5 50
    • Lvl 190 Jewl and Heroic Stones at a 10% rate in L5 50
    • Reverse Stone OR Redeemer at a 7.5% rate
    • Relic Identification Tool at a 100% chance
    60 Legendary Dungeons:
    • Same amount of Alsas Bless as 1 x L40. It should be an additional source of Alsas' Bless
    • +5, +6 extractors as semi-rare drops, +7 with a 5% chance
    • Temain Succession Recipes as a rare drop (drop rate increased to 10%)
    • Alsas Succession Recipes as a semi-rare drop (drop rate 20%) Not sure if this already exists.
    Tomb of the Wyrm:
    • Temain Succession Recipes as a rare drop (people will actually run it then)
    • Lvl 190 Jewl and Heroic Stones at a 20% rate in L5
    • Lvl 200 Jewl and Heroic Stones at a 2.5% rate in L5
    • Superior Familiar Orb/Elixir amount dropped increase
    • Temain equipment crafting mats drop rate increase (or amount, rather)
    • Turiman Legendary marks drop rate increased
    RRB:
    • Mythical Tempering Stone drop rate increase
    • Increase the Zelnaris' Soul Stones drop rate slightly to reduce need for heavy farm runs. (25% increase?)
    • Blessed Heroic Stones drop rate increase
    • Turiman Legendary marks from bosses as a very rare drop varying from 2-10%
    Others:
    • 55 surpassing stone -> reduce to 100g and/or rate of transcendence increased.
    • Less McBain coins required for everything
    • Relic Identification needs a heavy increase especially +3 to +4 lines
    • Rate of Reversing needs heavy increase. Especially +3 -> 4 and +4 -> +5

Last request:

PLEASE BRING BACK SUMMER CARD EVENT AS PERMANENT EVENT.
    It was really unfair to others who missed the chance of easily getting full spice and sugar sets, as well as the best pet, Fox+. If not, at least NA could use it

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
    bona, ogchamsam, Blank and 1 other person like this.
  5. iKriZ

iKriZ Newbie

1. Legendary Seal Stones
    Its really hard to get some.
    2. Sealed Familiar from Dungeons
    Please add back these or increase +5 Extractor Drop rate. I use these to +5 Tamper other familiars and seal it, it was very useful because getting +5 Extractor is hard for new players.
    3. 180 Heroic Tampering stones in L50 Dungeons
    So far i got 1 from FK and the drop chance is very low.
    4. Legendary Dismantling Tool
    Can't get enough from Braghin Mine, adding chance to drop in Dungeons is good.
    5. Blessed Elite & Heroic Stones

6. Reverse Stones

7. Legendary Honing Stones
    Never seen those​

6. Blank

Blank Newbie

I think that the most important thing is to increase the drop rate of Legendary seal stones,Reverse tampering stones,180 and above heroic tampering stone's and honing stone's.(in level50 and above legendary dungeons)
    And also need to increase the drop rate in EFF,TOS legendarys.(didn't get any good stuff even in L5 in the current drop rate system)

7. Antonis

Antonis Active Member

@Ruyran and @WhiteBerry
    About Zelnaris and RRB:
    I get your point that Zelnaris is still meant to be god-tier gear and a Zelnaris +10 item gives insane DPS/Def/Stats. Yes, that is godly indeed, no doubt about that. A +10 Zelnaris weapon will trash out of the window not just a perfect, fully reversed Temain weapon but even a theoretical lvl70 perfect, fully reversed legendary grade weapon in the future. A +10 Zelnaris weapon is Mythical indeed. Who could argue against it?

However, my point is that on our server, getting a Zelnaris weapon to +10 is totally out of the question and not worth even mentioning (not even on a theoretical level) at least as things are now. As I see it, +5 is practically the max you can get here, with +1 to +3 being what most endgame players that actually run RRB frequently would consider realistically achievable(?), and while that is still very powerful and the endgame dream of every PIO player currently, it's not THAT godly in relation to a fully reversed +25 Temain weapon and especially when someone wants to pvp with it.

So, while I totally agree that the drop chance of Mythical Grade Tempering Stones must be significantly increased, I also strongly believe that Zelnaris Marks should be more easily obtainable, for example they could be added as a drop like Zelnaris Soul Stones. You base your argument against that idea on the fact that you receive more marks for crafting the Zelnaris gear than the required Zelnaris Soul Stones for the same item.

But that's why I said that the drop chance of Zelnaris Soul Stones should be increased as well and as I recall, at least
    agrees with that idea as well.

Most players I talk to (and they are many), agree that the Zelnaris' Soul Stones drop rate must be increased significantly, and the least that should be done about Zelnaris Marks is that if they don't get added as a drop like Zelnaris Soul Stones, at the very least the quest that gives them should be changed to be repeatable and not daily, like the quest to exchange Silver Rabbini Coins for Gold ones.

That wouldn't lead to the server getting flooded with Zelnaris marks or something (they are untradeable anyways), after all who runs RRB more than once, or twice at maximum every day, right?

This change alone, combined with an increased drop rate for Zelnaris Soul Stones would help everyone significantly.

About McBain Coins:
    I strongly believe that McBain coins should drop virtually everywhere as a rare drop, that is to say in dungeons, world bosses (even outdated ones - after all that would give them some practical use again, like now that people are killing them for event marbles).

The argument that Mcbain coins are a pvp currency is totally invalid imo. After all, Mcbain coins are not obtainable from actual pvp anyways. Gathering 10 traces of blood is not pvp, killing elite knights in Stygaea is not pvp, trading kills between eu-na players is not really pvp and last but not least, running lvl40-50-60 dungeons is certainly not pvp and has nothing to do with pvp in any way either. McBain coins are certainly not strictly used for crafting pvp items anyway. On the contrary, they are mostly used for crafting pve items and personally I crafted my Alsas succession boots with a McBain recipe (it was the only one I was missing from normal dw to alsas stalwart succession recipes).

So, we really do need Mcbain coins to be added as a rare drop almost everywhere, like in dungeons, wb etc. and that wouldn't lead to the server getting flooded with Mcbain coins, as they are untradeable anyways as well.

It would just give more incentive to players being more active and help more people doing stuff.

About Legendary Seal Stones
    I think everyone agrees that Legendary Seal Stones are very rare, they need to be added back to dungeon loot tables asap (same goes for simple legendary extractors). You can buy with collector coins at the farm but that needs a lot of collector coins, so that option is not viable at all in the long run and if you are a new player, well then too bad, you're ...stuck.

Adding Legendary Seal Stones to the cash shop can be helpful but ONLY as a secondary option, not as the MAIN source of getting them.

Just my 2 cents...

Last edited: May 3, 2018
    WhiteBerry and Username1234 like this.
  8. WhiteBerry

WhiteBerry Active Member

"The argument that Mcbain coins are a pvp currency is totally invalid imo."

I think this is a very valid argument and a unique way to look at the situation. Nevertheless, I am completely against the idea of them. If someone ALT abused heavily, they could get multiple tries per month on Zelnaris using ALTs, an extremely unfair advantage and I have no doubt certain individuals will do so.

This needs to change somehow. Dropping them from dungeons will make it worse since (assumingly) higher difficulty dungeons will drop them more often, some players have old geared chars or most top players can gear ALTS (not just one) with Alsas succession, enough to clear every single dungeon solo L1 or L5 in a party.

I would like to add that McBain coins are one of the worst additions to this game. Port to Stygea, loading screen, do the quests. Realise there's no one to trade with, port back. Do battleground, communicate in Discord, more loading screens to reach there. Port back to trade kills in Stygea, more loading. Someone mails you, now you have to relog. It's just implemented in such an awful way, the thought of it puts me off. And of course, it's heavily abused by certain players, to the extent that certain players have successfully crafted Zelnaris with their ALTs :) Flawed system.

Legendary Seal Stones... Just fix that instead of that 4 ellun "solution".@SubZero You said you wanted to revamp the loot of the old bosses to make them useful, why what a perfect opportunity, you could perhaps make the rift bosses drop basic, useful items such as Blessed Legendary Extractors and Legendary Seal Stones.

Note: I have no problem obtaining these myself since I am able to get a lot of familiar coins or whatever they're called, I had over two stacks of 9999. I also manage to solo Jeranin and have multiple blessed extractors, as well as about 100 bound extractors. This is not for my personal interest, it is what is best for the people.

As for Zelnaris Soul Stones, I'd like to slightly modify my point to suggest that RRB bosses should drop more Zelnaris Soul Stones. Farming for hours on end being knocked over, spamming buffs that you have to craft using 40s... Not exactly an ideal way to retain players :p

I'm still surprised that people aren't complaining about the rate of failure on the reverses, but complain about the seal stones. I wonder if it's because the masses require seal stones but are more than willing to take the opportunity of high prices, parting with 1 stone for a minimum of 4k, averaging about 6k.

And of course, SubZero will include only 4 Reverse Stones from 4 reward writs when we used to get 10 in the past.

Our monthly login rewards are matching Korea's... Except we don't get the most useful stuff like a +7 extractor. Wonderful. What happened to the amazing "Special Login Rewards"? It's sad to see this server get better in so many ways, yet degrade in other areas.

Still, with all the flaws I think that majority of the end-game content is reasonably achievable, but to gain any serious ground in certain areas such as Reverse Enhancement... Well, it's near impossible unless you no-life it.

bona likes this.
  9. bona

bona Newbie

Saddly I have to agree with WhiteBerry... Special Login Rewards of May... almost 100% useless... =/

10. ogchamsam

ogchamsam Newbie

[​IMG] well one thing i said you wouldnt really need to increase drop rate of items if you made all tradeable items only drop tradeable version from all sources it would make player econemy alot better also would stop alot of issues with storage|
    you know there is a problem when you have issue of even Both bound and untradeable items dont even stack make it so only one version of item drops if it tradeable then only tradeable version should drop and if untradeable item could have a 1% chance to drop tradeable version so someone could over price it Lel :p be like hitting lotto for that item and normal versions drop rate uped slightly for certain items or maby perm daily quest for certain items like run leg dungeon for Zel mark or zel stone or salants or lvl60 surpass or other things etc and even if you dont change the whole Multi versions of items the daily quest perm things might be good idea for certain items then you can get 1 a day lol https://prnt.sc/jfpzzp