Pumpkin Hunters! (Halloween Event)

Discussion in 'Events' started by Younha, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Younha

Younha GameMaster Staff Member GameMaster

Moderating for Project Icarus 2.0!
    Sub told me that the correct boxes you can get now, have some REALLY good Items in it, again this was a first timer for Sub putting something up quick so the players have something to play around with while waiting for the Update. You guys still have lots of time before the Event ends. And this is as good as it gets gets for Sub to "compensate" by actually putting the right boxes in, since again the real ones that are in now, seem to have decent rewards in it. & No we will not put them on the Cash Shop, because only then the ones with a lot Ellun will profit from them. But hey we learned from it, and Sub and I both make sure to double check twice before we put something up to make sure its correct & other Events will be a lot cleaner on the new Version because it is so much more up2date. Sub and I really wanna get this update out quick, so I'm not really surprised that this happend. Way toooo stressed & tired lately, both of us but still doing really good on the update. Hope you guys understand.

Also extended the Event to November 10.

2. Silk

Silk Active Member

Nice, but please reduce the spawn times for next events, this 1hr respawn is far far too slow.

3. Theluji

Theluji Super Member

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    All everyone is asking for is to reduce the damn borken spawn tmie.

4. Gibbit

Gibbit Active Member

Banana Overlord
    If you don't want to make any alternative ways to get the boxes, that's fine to me and I understand. Just please do something about the fact they're not farmable unless you just did a server reset. Yes, the rewards are good. (I managed to catch pumpkins early in the morning, but now during the day, it's absolute trash, you can be happy if you find one in 20 mins, and well gl getting candies that way) But out of 20 boxes, 6 were the good ones, 2 contained the rare stuffs, and then I didn't even get them because it's the same random select a tab and pray to rngesus to not be a total ass kind of box... And not everyone is blessed with a golden spoon in the mouth when it comes to rng. Guess it's back to afking all day at auction house until it actually becomes fun to hunt again, instead of trying to fish out a needle out of a haystack. :/

Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
  5. Patryk001316

Patryk001316 Active Member

tho it still isn't correct, pumpkins don't respawn after 1 hour, it is a total mess right now with random spawns and people roaming around non stop so you don't know where to begin. Person that reported the issue and documented it wasting a lot of his/her time should be compensated more than others, that's how it is in other games. Not talking about candies, just a small gift or any compensation would be fine but that's up to you.

thanks for partly fixing the issue

6. Sky.

Sky. Active Member

Can confirm that the timers arent correct. killed all pumpkins in a zone. put up a timer for 1 hour and after that hour nothing spawned

7. SubZero

SubZero Administrator Staff Member

I made it so people dont camp the spots. Its like i wanted. There are like 200 Available spawns and only like 40 will be spawned for example. So the positions are always different.

8. Sky.

Sky. Active Member

Note i checked the entire zone (badlands) after 1 hour and they were nowhere to be found

9. Hellspawn

Hellspawn Active Member

What do you mean 1 person gets compensated for a small act ? That's just discriminating. It's either ALL or nothing dude. What do you have special that other people don't ? I don't think you went through it thoroughly after you posted that statement

Honestly speaking here @Younha I didn't find much of a difference between the boxes you get from the halloween shop and the lucky fellow box 4. The main difference is that 1 costs 50 elluns to buy 1 and the other doesn't cost anything cause you get the boxes with candies

10. Patryk001316

Patryk001316 Active Member

are you high again Havoc? Everyone would feel the same as her, that wasn't a small act, it's been said how long it took to collect these candies. You cut my quote, that was a sugestion if you read it further. Stop attacking people in topics that have different purpose and flooding them.

11. Silk

Silk Active Member

Really 40 spawn at a time? It's not a wonder we are wondering around like lost zombies not finding anything. Really make the spawn spots random but if only 40 spawn you need to reduce the respawn timer to 5 or 10 mins..

Right now even it's painful to the point it's a waste of time.

Dunno what you are thinking but seasonal events are suppose to be a fun short grind to get some free goodies for participating. This isn't a short grind for... maybe getting something decent.

Hell even in Tera in the events where you had to collect letters to spell out TERA for a choice of free store mounts wasn't anywhere near a grind as this is.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
    DarkDesire likes this.
  12. Hellspawn

Hellspawn Active Member

No am not high and please refrain from insults before this gets out of hand and act like a grown up for once. The thing is that ALOT of people reported this "issue" not just the person we're refering to. So it wasn't just that persons act that made the change ;) Who's attacking who dude ? you really need to work on that "trust" issue cause you got everything wrong once again. My post was all about that if a person is to get compensated for an act, the whole server should get compensated for it because everyone gave it their all and wasted alot of time for this event and NOT just 1 special person

13. Theluji

Theluji Super Member

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    As I know, none reported it before me. People were just complaining in world chat, but none reported.

14. Silk

Silk Active Member

Bah nevermind compensation just fix the event and suck arse spawn rate/amount. This would be compensation enough.

DarkDesire likes this.
  15. Theluji

Theluji Super Member

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
  16. Sky.

Sky. Active Member

as it stands. it would be better spending my time grinding alts for 3.5-4 hours to get 500 elluns and buy the store boxes then doing the event. and in my book thats just not worth the effort

17. Silk

Silk Active Member

Also I don't think anyone in this thread trying to be a dick about this event, we know you guys have been super busy with the update, but you need honest feedback if you really want these event to be a success like I think you want them to be and for them to be something we will all remember joyfully instead of thinking ...MEH.

DarkDesire likes this.
  18. Hellspawn

Hellspawn Active Member

If you see the beginning of this thread you'll find it FULL with people raging about spawn time and that the drops were really low so yeah luji you weren't the only one complaining and reporting that the event was broken and that it wasn't working as supposed to. To me this is the same thing as reporting it

DarkDesire likes this.
  19. Lonista

Lonista Newbie

Immediately apologize for my English, I want to clarify, is it possible to add candy in dungeons, as drops from the bosses, as the chance of the candy pumpkins are very small I have 40 pumpkins any candy, despite the fact that tyk are very few, and still there are people who go to work and to play 3-4 hours a day. And they will be able to get the candy. Just at the moment the events more as anonizm, with so many pumpkins and candy from them.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
  20. Melbane

Melbane Newbie

I'v had no prob's finding Pumpkin's,,, and don't have a prob with spawn time's

Hellspawn likes this.