Some suggestions for a better server

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by WhiteBerry, Dec 23, 2017.

1. WhiteBerry

WhiteBerry Active Member

Hi everyone, I just wanted to propose some suggestions to the GM that are likely to make the game a better playing experience and make the players happier. I hope that this isn’t viewed in a negative manner because I think that the way this server is great for the most bit. Obviously, I can’t speak for everyone, but I hope this covers what most people would hope for. With that said, I do understand that some scenarios a bit utopian but they’re to be taken as an example instead of literal.

1) Please follow up on the things you mention

Time and time again, we have been told things which we never know will be true, or whether or not they are even being considered. For instance, we don’t know whether the Nexon tempering system will be implemented at all. Another example is the way questions regarding Zelnaris crafting inheritance were disregarded.

Another example is when SubZero mentioned some months ago (after reworking Jeranin) that other world bosses would be tweaked. Is that ever going to happen?

2) Please listen to the community (especially regarding login rewards + reward writ rewards)

This Christmas event was more of a Halloween (nightmare) event for the first 10 days with drops that barely matched the drop-table and a great lack of stockings. Users continuously complained but until people posted pages of comments on a thread this issue was not acknowledged and only when people really started crying about was this solved. Most of the time we don’t even know if our posts are being ignored or not.

Secondly, we thought that there would be some promise when SubZero started asking about what to include in the writs. Maybe produce a poll of items that people would like to see, with the GM listing the items of course. The exception can be certain items are really thought to be useful and practical, by the community. This would lead to happier players and doesn’t require that much effort.

Thirdly, I would like to begin by appreciation the compensation that is made on this server for the lack of cash boxes. I mean it, Reaper jewl and weapons dropping which is mainly from the cash shops in Korea, it’s really nice to see as a part of our event. I appreciate that, I’m sure we all do.

However, there are certain milestones which the top players in Korea have achieved (through P2W) which we greatly struggle to achieve other than abusing ALTS. Once again, I would like to mention that we are grateful for the lack of P2W since some of these milestones are extremely cash heavy in Korea. What I’m referring to is Reverse Stones.

Theme’s gear being harder to temper, almost impossible to surpass and there are various other factors which point to Reverse Stones playing a much more significant role. Everything in RRB after a certain point (let’s say Shakis?) benefits a lot by having reverses on armour and weapons. Tanks are forced onto CONST on our server while Korean tanks play on STR while fully reversed. I think the lack of Reverse Stones holds the tanks back. Yes, we have more drop rate and yes, the server hasn’t sold out to P2W, but perhaps including Reverse Stones in the login rewards would be more beneficial for everyone. Make them untradable if necessary to prevent abuse. The vast majority are not likely to abuse this anyway. Little things like this are greatly appreciated. Also, in the future mythical armour will be Theme inheritance, therefore the Reverses definitely will play an extremely significant role. The 8th boss is probably impossible without reversing.

I understand GMs do not want Icarus to become too easy, but while you are compensating for certain P2W elements in the Korean server, certain other elements (such as reverses) highly encourage excessive multiple account abusing for the sake of progress.

3) Please communicate with the community

We know you’re busy. Most of us understand that. But if some of our not-so-rude questions are responded to, even with a simple “We are unsure yet”, we appreciate that as opposed to no response. I understand it can be frustrating with things as “when will we get the update?” but maybe more subtle and simple questions can be answered?

Also, if there’s anything the community can do to speed up the process of either the update, the drop-table going back up, kindly let us know. Some of this overlaps with my first point, which is to please follow up on the things you mention.

We’ve been waiting for a response to the drop table since months… I think letting the people know what to expect is better than false-hope, which results in great disappointment.

Please note:

These are the points I could immediately think of, I’m sure that there are some other points that can be added as separate headings or that illustrate my other bullet points better. I also hope this isn’t viewed as a cry for more Reverse Stones but an emphasis on noticing the importance of certain aspects that our server might be lacking which are pivotal to end-game content. For instance, I think the taming buff was brilliant, along with the three chests from Jeranin. The cash shop thread by Younha was also appreciated, but the vast majority of suggestions ignored, leading back to my earlier points.

Once again, I do wish to end this on a positive note, I hope the GMs and players view this as constructive criticism and not complaints, we all know how players are capable of reacting :D I hope that these changes could bring about at least a happier, and (ideally) more active community.

Hope you all have a nice Christmas :)

2. ogchamsam

ogchamsam Newbie

one thing i dont agree with is the whole untradeable versions of tradeable items it kills player econemy so what if someone like me who used to spend time 3hrs:30mins a day just getting logins then yea i should be able to sell those for gold...... otherwise theres no point also thats main reason Ruyran has his reverse is cause of me doing that its not abuse it would only be abusable if you just had to login and click claim each day. it takes 30mins of your life each day for writs package of 4 writs takes 25days 12hrs 30mins across 25 days for 3x reverse 3x stones ? i feel that ammount of time should be tradeable but really main problem is storage and having only one version of items would make storage alot easyer side note ruyran paid lots of gold for those things thats how i got my gf pets back in the day that cost me 30k gold for one and 10-20k gold each for other 3 gf pets
    would sell him reverse stones like 3500-4500 each and reverse trys 1500-2500 each
    also i do realise this is older post but dont really matter
    had some good points in your post

3. WhiteBerry

WhiteBerry Active Member

Spending 3.5 hrs a day getting logins on multiple accounts is called ALT abuse and is looked down upon. It should not be encouraged as a method of progression.

4. ogchamsam

ogchamsam Newbie

well actualy the main Reason i have mutli account is so my my main characters aka one of each class can have its login Rewards its not abuse when u cant Trade the items anymore LOL
    and even when u could its called useing what u have avilable back then The things didnt drop from any dungeons i ever seen
    like atleast now Reverse drops from leg
    i had 7 classes i played i have 6 now and 7th on the way
    and white berry u just a salty Sally about Multi account
    i mean most of items from it were never tradeable only the writs once opened from package were and it was needed back then because only real way to get them