Tempering Modification

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by SubZero, Nov 26, 2017.

?

Do you want the new Tempering System?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. SubZero

SubZero Administrator Staff Member

Hello,

i want to know if people would like to have the Tempering system from Nexon.

That means 0-10 can't downgrade.
    10 - 20 can only downgrade (no reset or gets destroyed)
    20 - 25 can only downgrade (You still need to use the Heroic Tempering Stones and the Item cant go lower then +20)

Also the Item will be Bound to your character after Tempering to 16+ (need to check if its possible with our files)

Swagafire likes this.
  2. WhiteBerry

WhiteBerry Active Member

I would like everything you just said other than this.

I would like the Nexon tempering system as long as the item does not get bound at +16.

I mean we temper Ellora gear to +25 without ellun since we have lots of spice rabinis and we can't do this to help new players if it would get bound at +16. If that's the case I'd rather have the current tempering system maybe. Tough call.

Edit:
    Just crossed my mind that it would be a huge bonus for anyone with a Sophisticated Genazone weapon.
    Previously we had to use Blessed/Blessed 50% stones to temper it after +3 since there is no destruction protection available.

You can see how it would be almost impossible to do this on one account.
    It's not even a matter of elluns.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
  3. Sovereign

Sovereign Newbie

Yes, i agree with that.

4. Parma

Parma Active Member

Same opinion. I don't really like the penalty of the item getting bound at +16 because of the chance that I am tempering an ellora for another class, be it to help another player or a different character I have. I understand the logic behind it would be to prevent some abuses but it is what it is. Not fair to penalize everyone for the abuses of some.

Waifu likes this.
  5. Ruyran

Ruyran Active Member

Same opinion as Parma here. I see a lot of pros and cons here.
    The option to help other ppl (or for another char of yourself for that matter) finishing one piece of equip to +20 (or higher) would totally be cut. It is a good thing to prevent some kind of abuses, sure but at what cost. On the other hand it will probably get alot cheaper ellun wise to temper stuff (will we need ellun for 20-25 too then?) and thus getting easier for new people to achieve high-tempered gear. But if you would want to gear up and alt, you would need to do it on that char without help of main-character ressources.

(What if a piece is crafted triumphantly? It'll be +20 or higher then, would it be bound right after craft? Might not be so good if you craft for someone else.)

Edit1: For the ppl with full spice rabbini sets. I don't think that this concerns the majority of the population as there is only a hand full ppl who got them a full temper set during the summer event. So this shouldn't be a matter whether this system is implemented or not.
    Edit2: I guess for main-only chars it'd be better with the new system if the ellun usage is equally lowered and not like downgrade prevention takes as much as destruction + reset prevention does now.
    Also i think it's only a minority that would be affected by the "bind on temper" stuff, as most ppl temper stuff on one char only after equipping the gear anyway, so that wouldn't make any difference.

PS: I guess my vote will stay the only "No" xD

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
  6. Parma

Parma Active Member

I ended up not voting but I'd say Yes. I'd rather see the server have those changes than not, even if it comes with the bind at +16. Doesn't affect me, but it would help others get their def up using less elluns.

7. Swagafire

Swagafire Newbie

Please change the tempering system, not all of us have a full set of gear with spice rabbini or the amount of ellun needed for tempering at the moment, personally I don't really care about the binding at +16 it doesn't really bother me much

8. TheRico

TheRico Newbie

No

Nexon version is an ellun cemetery...

9. WhiteBerry

WhiteBerry Active Member

I don't know if Nexon has changed since I was last there but you both missed an important fact. On Nexon, the cost of the elluns required to temper goes up. So imagine if it costs 66 elluns per temper from +15 to +19 but with none of those extra penalties.

I'd be quite happy with that.

I hope SubZero is open to negotiation about the item being bound at +16, since he said it might not be possible with our files anyway.

I don't know why people are ignoring that we could get this without the bind on +16 effect. How would this work with reverse tempering, triumphant at +20 or higher, or even something crafting at +17?

Seems like a lot of problems and confusion caused for some people.

I wish Sub hears the community on this one and implements this change without the +16 bind, the only people who voted no I suppose are those who didn't consider this possibility.

Waifu likes this.