Update 15.05.2017

Discussion in 'News and Updates' started by SubZero, May 15, 2017.

1. SubZero

SubZero Administrator Staff Member

Server Changes:
    Increased Taming chances for Heroic and Legendary familiars (in testing Phase)
    Added Metal Leviathan in Exarahn Badlands

[​IMG]

leave your suggestions here please :)

2. arabela

arabela Newbie

My not licke this map Exarahn Badlands is PK :(

3. lyryal

lyryal Newbie

-Add Metal Leviathan in Stygea (1 spawn) so we have at least 2 spawn(similar to 2 channels) or a second one in badland if you insist on it being in the PK zone

-Unlock ALL Legendary Chubs quests has dailies so we can collect mounts and alsas pieces

-Take a break and eat a muffin (your choice on flavor) with a coffee

-Spawn a guild coin vendor outside guild hall , the only one worth getting is the one from manastone , the other have irrelevant stuff to sell ....

-Make 1 custom daily quest (like the ones from last event) permanent till update .

I'll stop there since there is an update in progress and we dont rly need anything more than catchup mechanics and stuff to kill time till its ready. The taming success buff is welcomed has alot of us already fated the good ones and speaking only for myself , i havent had a successfull tame in akrat after fated . Will try later to see if my luck improved with the change :)

4. SubZero

SubZero Administrator Staff Member

5. TheLegend27

TheLegend27 Newbie

When the new patch will come out can you tell us please:)

6. WhiteBerry

WhiteBerry Active Member

Just here to give my feedback on the update, changes to taming.

I absolutely love the reduction of RNG and frustration and it has made me wanna play this game more than before, requiring a fated for EACH akrat wasn't very funny (except Tish :D)

Thanks so much for this much needed change to taming SubZero^

7. Silk

Silk Active Member

Yes very good change indeed!

8. lyryal

lyryal Newbie

Fair enough and people didnt complained about fishing alsas but rather that fishing was the better way. Also all those that complained did get loads of alsas from fishing before compaining. Oh and taming buff didnt inprove my luck xD

9. Ruyran

Ruyran Newbie

This taming chance changes seem to be massive lol. Seeing that high level legends like Tishanan, Hades and alike keep beeing tamed/keep respawning all day seems just the right thing to cath up on missing tames for those who haven't tamed all familiars yet and complete the bestiaries in time before the update. One way to keep ppl happy/busy lol

Just hope it will get re-adjusted for the new zone (not as low as it was before but also not as high as it is now) so new tames still take a little effort to get and are not just simply insta tamed.
    I guess aiming for an average amount of 5 tries until tame and not like 7-10 tries (fated mark "needed") like we had before this change on most lvl 62 legends (not counting antu/teisha as they seemed to be easier then the rest) might be a way to go.

PS: Just to give some feedback on old taming rates. As I tamed most stuff before this recent change I personally needed fateds for pretty much every lvl 62 legend.
    110% tame boost on and got the following results:
    veno 10 tries - 1 green in total (not counting letters)
    Nussilis - as friend even needed fated with 10 reset tame tries i did't even bother resetting... and got only red's during my tries
    Naphnis - 6 bitchy tries - 7th was success
    Phyton of Calm - same as nussilis tho i did resets here but didn't help
    Roxinus - also 10 tries, without reset and got to see a total of 2 greens (yes i used embelished slayer set for the debuff)
    Black baileys - same as veno 10 tries one single green in total
    Hades - so far luckiest tame with 5 tries
    Tishanan - 10x reset 10x fail in a row. maybe 3 greens in total

... so yeah old rates were pretty disappointing/hard to work with seeing that i needed fated marks on 6 of 8 mounts xD
    Don't really wanna see that in new zone again (but still wanna have a challenge there!)

Keep it up!

Last edited: May 16, 2017
  10. Valaria

Valaria Active Member

hmmm

Veno - 1st try
    Naphnis - 2nd or 3rd try
    Antu - 1st with fated, after that 4 more on 2nd or 3rd try max. each
    Teisha - about 4-5 with mostly 1st or 2nd try
    but also
    Nusi/Roxi/Phyton - just with fated, tho Roxi/Phyton without taming buff from farm etc
    Baileys - fated, tho tames w/o reset, with reset would've been tamed on 2nd and 7th try, 2nd Baileys at 2nd try
    Hades/Tea - fated, no chance with normal marks

Seems to be kinda totally random if you have super luck or suck hard at taming them x)
    Tho.. they're new legys, mostly same/higher level than player. Some are OP pets/seals and shouldn't be insta tames all the time. Supposed to be hard to tame and more for quality than quantity (tame it once and be happy, don't be a chinese farmer that needs 100 of each)
    But before anyone starts offtopic shitstorm again I'd just say thanks for changing it.

Nice to not have that much hassle and disappointment on taming those but keeping it up in new zone with new fams like that will probably result in people being done with taming and bored after 2 weeks, crying for new updates again instantly x)
    Ok-ish for Legendaries, but dunno if neccessary on heroics. Most marks you can get easily for free/for 50g in AH, and most you can tame without any buffs first/second try (except akrat maybe)

Regarding Metal Leviathan
    Really Really dunno why to put it in a PvP area, cause probably there will be some ass that finds you taming it and kills you so you lose your marks. Guess I'd not try to tame it there if I'd had marks/would need it but maybe people are social at that point and just let you tame that thing. We'll see
    Other than that, nice to put it in game for taming, cause even tho you said at last spawn-event that he can be in lair, noone ever seemed to have found him there :D

11. WhiteBerry

WhiteBerry Active Member

I think the taming rate is kind of perfect as it is, failed Fiery Naphnis with full Mupadin set, talismans (excluding lvl 4), 15% farm buff, 10% taming charm as well as 10% pot without A SINGLE GREEN.

But at the same time I tamed 2 venotien in a row and a black baileys. (Venotiens with reset and I barely managed them).

So from that point of view, I think the taming is perfect because people who have made the effort to increase their taming chances so much SHOULD be rewarded.

I also saw others fail Venotien so it's not like 80% of the time people tame or something.

MhaedronBelethar likes this.
  12. MhaedronBelethar

MhaedronBelethar Newbie

I am enjoying the taming patch, a lot of people complain about it being too easy, but I disagree. Poron took me 3 tries which I am ok with, and I got a few others on first try both with and without reset. I've failed and succeeded a decent number of heroics today, and though I've failed some I have succeeded most. The main thing I like is that on most of the tames one misclick does not guarantee a fail like it did before.

13. mirabela

mirabela Newbie

Metal Leviathan Mark . Where do we get?
    It would be good to show all the random maps on all the famillials

Thank you very much for increasing the chance of taming:p

14. Valaria

Valaria Active Member

Idk if there's any way to get it right now.
    There was an event some months ago where we were able to farm those marks

15. Parma

Parma Newbie

Seems to be fairer now. It all still comes down to RNG like every other thing in the game, but prior to this change it always felt like the odds were stacked against the players even with all the taming boosts we could get and now it seems doable although far from guaranteed. It also definitely livelies up the server as well.

16. Valaria

Valaria Active Member

hmm..
    dunno. I need more greens to tame a lvl 5 common familiar than an Akrat Heroic.. Does this.. make any sense?
    Looks for me like the bars just changed
    green - 5-6 needed to 3-4 for taming
    red -3 needed to 4-5 for failing

seems kinda really op, more needed to fail and less needed to tame.
    For the past months you've barely seen anyone taming high legendaries, now it feel like every mark is a jackpot tame :eek:

17. arabela

arabela Newbie

THX SubZero
    "A small step for man, a huge leap for the server "

WhiteBerry and Silk like this.
  18. WhiteBerry

WhiteBerry Active Member

Just a couple of points to make and some additional feedback to give:
    1. This one is to address Valaria's point: The reason why we've been seeing the server flooded with so many legendary tames is due to the fact that the update JUST released and people have been hoarding marks until they could have 10 marks before attempting (or at least 4+). Most people did not bother jumping on with 1 mark. This will balance out with time, as we are seeing.
    2. Post update, I have successfully 2 x Venotien with reset and Black Baileys without reset consecutively. However, I also managed to fail 2 x Fiery Naphnis with reset, 2 x Anturagen with reset, and Hades without reset (consecutively). With all these legendaries I failed I did not manage to get a single green (other than button presses), despite the fact that all of these were done with the buffs I have mentioned below.
    Buffs: Level 1, 2, 3, 5, Taming Talismans (21%), Familiar Farm (15%), Mupadin set (28%), Bynder's IV (10%) and in most cases 7 hr Taming Charm (10%), for a total of 84% increased taming success, not including server side buffs.

I also managed to fail a tekanin with all of the above buffs minus the farm buffs so I don't think the game has been broken and I like the fact that people actually have a chance now.

My only gripe would have to be how easy it is to get most of these marks. I see Hades: Shard of the Rift fished out very frequently for many people. Some marks like Hades should not be so easy to get through fishing and should actually have to be crafted as they are not extremely difficult to craft, or some sort of achievement/NPC could be added for their marks.

I would like to reiterate that I have no problem with the ability for someone to fish out the extremely difficult to obtain marks such as Venotien or Teisha, or get them through weekly achievements. Even Koreans get Venotien through weekly :p

Anyway, I hope you don't take this as a complaint, I think the server's amazing the way it is, just some constructive feedback from my perspective that you may or may not want to take into consideration.

19. Silk

Silk Active Member

I agree with Whiteberry, he's spot on with his reasoning. You have to get past the initial knee jerk reaction some people have all the time when Sub makes changes to improve this game.