Valentine's Day (Event decision)

Discussion in 'Events' started by Younha, Feb 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Younha

Younha GameMaster Staff Member GameMaster

Moderating for Project Icarus 2.0!
    Hello Warriors of Ellora,

We'd like to ask you for some ideas for the Valentine's Day Event that is coming soon!
    To make it really simple and for everyone to understand here is what we have.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Would you want us to do it like we did with the Christmas Event where you have to go to dungeons, or would you like us to do it for the outside. (different places on the map) for some Sweet White Chocolate?

If you have any ideas please, post down below & explain it really well. Everything else that has nothing to do with a suggestion will be deleted. Thanks!

PLEASE KEEP IN MIND : Drops cannot be shared (for one party only.) and there can not be custom quests. (We don't have the tool for it.) So lets hear some ideas!

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
  2. Gibbit

Gibbit Active Member

Banana Overlord
    I'd say do it like the christmas event, where people can go farm in any dungeons any difficulty. I'd just not make the item from legendary difficulty only as that'll make it unfarmable for a lot of people unless they wish to throw a lot of elluns around. The halloween event had the issue where you'd try to punch each other in the face just to get a event mob. :confused:

Antonis and Sojiken like this.
  3. Theluji

Theluji Super Member

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Actually only issue with halloween event was pumpkin respawn which was quite bugged. You got LOADS of them , with every server restart, but then you could find only 1 or 2 for whole map, and only every few hours, even if map was empty.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
  4. Patryk001316

Patryk001316 Active Member

1.5 week of farming dungeons was really exhausting, even if I had time I wouldn't go as hardcore for Valentince event again. Improved open world system could work, higher appearance chance but quite random too so people can't sit on spawn times and keep clearing them whole day. Do it without pvp maps

5. Gibbit

Gibbit Active Member

Banana Overlord
    Or perhaps combine both? Make them spawn open world at a decent frequency and in dungeons at a set rate so people could choose where they'd prefer to farm.

Antonis and Sojiken like this.
  6. Theluji

Theluji Super Member

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    I'd also say open world, or combine them somehow, doing dungeons for half month made me hate them.

7. Hellspawn

Hellspawn Active Member

@Theluji spamming dungeons for some time made people realize that they just got alot of achievements for doing so xD But to stick on the topic I either prefer an event like christmas event with dungeons or else mixed with outside and dungeons spawn, but i don't agree doing it as outside world ONLY as you'll just see alot of campers and people who don't have that much time due to work, family etc won't get much from it, so doing it mixed or dungeons only you'll allow them to do dungeons at their own free time. Also i have another idea including for example kill X boss in a dungeon for 2 times = 1 box where you get random stuff including chocolate for exchange, 4 times = 2 boxes etc so on so forth. Whatever you decide to do sub i'll only say this, make the chocolate thingy drop rate medium to high so at least getting 1 of those rewards is POSSIBLE not like christmas event where the max number of cards people did manage to get was like 2-4 max and getting the sewing rewards was IMPOSSIBLE

Antonis likes this.
  8. Rollita

Rollita Newbie

The outside world option sounds like a good idea, make it only spawn on the badlands tho . ^^

9. Theluji

Theluji Super Member

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    If you were doing dungeons with boss kills then gg with wasted time. Last open world event wasnt even possible to camp due to bugged respawns and how you.can talk about not having time when i see you online 24/7 xd dungeon event was very monotomic to people and it wasnt just my opinion people were doing it only because it was worth but it stopped to be fun to.do after like 3 days.

10. Hellspawn

Hellspawn Active Member

@Rollita are you crazy ? do you want me to sit camp camps for people to come out and i'll rip everyone single one ? xD

11. Mhysh

Mhysh Newbie

Dungeons.

Can farm them in my own time, no hunting for boss spawn, and open world drop system really sucks in this game.

And COME ON guys you can stop doing dungeons any time you feel fed up, same applies to fishing btw ;)

12. Hellspawn

Hellspawn Active Member

@Theluji outside event on halloween disabled people who have a life, a family and a job to BARELY get anything from it because they simply don't have time for that shit and waste time going from area to area for pumpkins to find none at all because they'd have already been destroyed/killed. No thanks not going through that halloween shit again

Sojiken, Gibbit and Mhysh like this.
  13. Mhysh

Mhysh Newbie

Hear hear

14. Theluji

Theluji Super Member

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Dont you get that pumpkins were.not up outside reset time only because they were bugged?

15. Hellspawn

Hellspawn Active Member

@Theluji 2i guess @Mhysh confirmed what I just said ;) PLUS i wasn't refering to MYSELF but was refering to people in general. Also I'm NOT online 24/7. If you're refering to the toon then YES my PC's ALWAYS 24/7 switched on but doesn't mean that I as ME am online 24/7 xD I'm not a robot ;)

16. Theluji

Theluji Super Member

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Also as i remember you wasnt really.ingame whwn pumpkin event was up. And it wasnt really possible for one person to clear all the pumpkins on all channels in one zone when one channel could have even 30 of them up at the same time and you people speak about camping.

17. Hellspawn

Hellspawn Active Member

also @Theluji i don't give 2 hoots whether or not pumpkins were bugged or not. You're still NOT understanding the point that other people(excluding me you and some other people) DO NOT HAVE TIME FOR THAT CRAP. Also YES i was in-game and playing when halloween event was up. Just cause you didn't see me doesn't mean I wasn't there. That's the problem luji okay that not just 1 person was camping for them but numerous people were and that screwed other people that could barely find even 1

Silk likes this.
  18. Noomi

Noomi Newbie

Bolded for effect...
    I agree with what Hellspawn said.
    That being said, if it's anything like the christmas cards drop, then don't bother at all.

19. Hellspawn

Hellspawn Active Member

@Noomi well depends because although xmas cards were EXTREMELY RARE at least you still got rewarded HEAVILY with marks which on the whole made it even worth it than getting 1 stinking card that you couldn't get enough off

20. Noomi

Noomi Newbie

Oh yeah, that's a given. I was just refering to the white chocolate (that's why the comparison with the christmas cards).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.