Valentine's Day (Event decision)

Discussion in 'Events' started by Younha, Feb 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lyryal

lyryal Newbie

In dungeons , with a good enough drop rate that normal players can get 3 of those mounts and hardcore player can get 5+ .... Christmas event was nice but not because of the cards and vendor ... because of the other drops that were available from snowmans .

Dont want another event where 1-5 players max will be able to grab 1 of the rewards ... especially with collections you can get from those valentines day mount.

2. Mayday

Mayday Newbie

In dungeons like Lyryal said :D

3. Tasida

Tasida Newbie

I agree....put it back in dungeons, The xmas event was amazing (cept for cards) and everyone was treated equally. I agree with Hellspawn and Lyryal, put it back in the dungeons. Yes I lived in the dungeons the whole xmas event but we old school gamers don't mind the fun rewards kind of grind. And easy there Hellspawn, yes both (dungeon and mixed) are a good idea.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
    Antonis likes this.
  4. Hellspawn

Hellspawn Active Member

@Tasida i ALSO said either dungeons only or mixed so people who gets bored doing dungeons from time to time can go get em from the wild and vice versa :p

Antonis likes this.
  5. Valaria

Valaria Active Member

i'm totally for dungeons since i remember the qq at Halloween event where it was hard to get stuff with open world farmings.
    Better do it in dungeons so everyone got the same chances to get stuff, just depending on how much time/ellun people are willed to spend for it.

No need to make it like snowmans and spawn hearts in dungeon that we have to break :eek:
    Just add those drops at every boss in all dungeons or else with like 5% droprate or so and go for it

John Doe likes this.
  6. Noomi

Noomi Newbie

As for drops (besides the chocolate) well, that's up to you of course, but I would like to see tempering stones (200/220) at a decent droprate (would be AWESOME to have the possibility of multiple drops -groups-).
    What Valaria proposed has certain appeal (on christmas event, you just went straight for the snowman and left the dungeon). I would up the ante and propose that every mob in dungeon has a chance to drop X item. That would foment full dungeon clears and maybe group play (for speed. If party bonus has an effect on event drops, then a group would be preffered, which would be great).

The christmas event was great, but not for what it should have been (core of the evnt should have been the cards to get the event mounts, but that aspect was non existant). Would be great to have a chance to complete the collections, even for a casual player.

Antonis likes this.
  7. RobbinTheHood

RobbinTheHood Newbie

Would rather see this implemented into the dungeons. Doesn't make for everyone fighting over the spawns on server reset. Dungeons allow people to work at their own pace to determine what they want to obtain from the event.

Tasida likes this.
  8. Silk

Silk Active Member

If you guys do go the dungeon route how about making it so every boss has the same % to drop this stuff regardless of which dungeon it is. Not everyone runs the higher lvl dungeons for some even the 40 ones are hard enough.

Just wanted to highlight what Valaria posted!

Tasida likes this.
  9. SubZero

SubZero Administrator Staff Member

these leads to all the strong people would farm lower dungeons only and won't go to the strong ones. Why should say do a 30 min dungeon if you could go to a 3 min one ? Both dungeons have the same % rate. People are lazy and will find every way to abuse it to get the most of it.

10. Silk

Silk Active Member

So what if they go do all the lower lvl dungeons? Tell me why should you penalize the weak majority to try and stop the stronger minority or the 5%?

These event are suppose to be fun for everyone not based around the top 5% and lets bugger the rest cause they can't all run the new dungeons.

Dunno but this is suppose to be a limited time event how about letting people have fun with it and stop caring so much if it gets abused by a small % of top tier people. Why is it such a big bad if people get the "most out of it"?

This has been the problem in the other events..... far too much giving a shit about what the top players are doing and spiting the rest because of it.

One of the best events I have seen in a game is perhaps Tera where any mob dropped letters and you just had to collect TERA to earn one of two cash shop mounts, that's all anyone did for like a month everyone and all their alts ended up with both mounts and it was awesome for everyone.

There was no crying about it being exploited or OMFG everyone will be able to get the good stuff out of it cause guess what it's just a fun event that suppose to be fun for all!

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  11. Hellspawn

Hellspawn Active Member

@Silk i agree with you on the TERA word search thingy but you're also forgetting that sub showed 7 rewards and do you think that he wants everyone to acquire ALL of them ? I mean if everyone can acquire at least 1 or 2 that would be great but I think acquiring all of them would just be OVERKILL

12. Finnian

Finnian Newbie

dungeons i say.

13. Silk

Silk Active Member

The logical and best course of action then is not to penalize most of the playerbase but lower the rewards choice.

Why does there need to be 7 rewards?

Two or 3 would be enough.

Do we really want events set up every time so the same top 5% get all rewards and the weaker players none?

Think about it every event has been set up so a few top player get the most out of it thereby pushing them even further away from the "filthy casuals".

IF the concern is damn people will basically get 7 mounts too easy then don't offer 7 in the first place... that way there's no need to worry about OMG it's overkill or an exploit and everyone can enjoy the event rather than just the top few that will probably end up with nearly all 7 anyways.

14. lyryal

lyryal Newbie

-There's also a limit to how many free dungeons you can run without spending some kind of curreny or item .

-Forcing (i dont like the term) weaker players into grouping to go run the dungeons with the good rates? While the strong player just duo them ?

-So those with more free time to run 30mins one will be at an advantage over those that dont have or barely have enough time?

- Same % rate on every dungeons of every difficulty is the way to make sure this event is equal for the new player/weaker player/lone wolf/etc

Thats the issue i see with making harder dungeon have a better rate , i could care less if the strong player spam the 3min one , if the new player can also spam it in 5-10mins .

Also people arent abusing it to make the most out of it , People want to complete the event and collections without having to finish next year (if this even ever comes back)

Silk and Gibbit like this.
  15. Hellspawn

Hellspawn Active Member

@Silk i never said to penalize any one out and let the top players get top rewards. I also agreed with you to do the event based on dungeons of any lvl or to do both dungeons and outside in the wild so all players of every lvl gets something off of it.

Reason why there is 7 rewards ? I mean does sub really needs a reason why he should have 3-4 rewards instead of 7 ? the reason why there is 7 at the same cost exchange is so people decide which one they wanna redeem their chocolates for. Also not negating the fact that if they're lucky they can also acquire 2 which means they can pick 2 of their favourite/cutest pet from 7 items :)

I don't agree with you silk on the last bit cause last xmas event not even the top 5% players managed to get the poyo from event because the max ammount of cards people had was like 3-5 max and not more

Also like i said ME for one didn't really care about the xmas cards honestly because the marks themselves were very rewarding which every single player could enjoy.

16. Silk

Silk Active Member

@Hellspawn

I never said you wanted to penalize weaker players either nor is it subs intent I think but that's what happens anyways the way these event have been done regardless of intent.

I just gave you reason why what sub said doesn't make sense and the excuse that there 7 rewards thus it's overkill is silly and illogical.

Lyryal gets it. As for the xmas event that was a total fail period. So far the only events that haven't been have been the facebook ones.

Lets go deeper though since you're confused with my reasoning.

IF sub NEEDS to offer 7 choices or so but like you say only expects or wants people to get about two during the whole event he then needs to limit it so only the top 5% will be able to get 2 or 3 (during the whole event) or it will be like you say overkill (atleast according to you and exploity according to sub) which will give what result you think?

The top 5% will get 2 or 3 the rest will get none as the drop rates will suck ass so bad peeps will say fuck it like the last event.

If he doesn't do it this way guess what? The top 5% will get all 7 and the weaker peeps maybe one or two IF they BLOODY GRIND their asses off, lIke what was expected in the xmas event.

People running this server need to finally get it... that events are suppose to be fun not a soul sucking grind like everything else in this game that's why they are EVENTS.

If for an event sub decides we should at max be able to get 2 fams he needs to make it so all can get two without being a huge grind regardless of playstyle. An event isn't suppose to be a competition but a fun thing and a thank you for playing our game.

That is why he should instead limit the reward choice and not the people regardless of how they play.

That's why the TERA event was so good.

Alternately he could just limit how many times you can get a reward thus limit it to 2 rewards and then people would have zero reason to "grind" or exploit since it would be pointless and he could still offer 7 choices but I get the impression he can't do that since he doesn't have the tools to do quest like stuff.

Again if he went this route then all the reasons given for not making it drop equally from each boss regardless of dungeon lvl would be moot too.

17. Gibbit

Gibbit Active Member

Banana Overlord
    Seems some people forget which genre of game they must be playing.... Time spent on a mmo = major deciding factor of how much stuff you'll get. Lets be happy already this server doesn't have real money as second major factor. Just rng, which can be a butt. You really can't expect to play for 5 mins and get the same goodies as someone who spends 4 hours, even as event. Subs offering various rewards which is cool, can pick something you truely like even if you don't grind your rear end off for days on a piece. You just won't get all of them by the time the event ends. Also just a fyi. The only part of the xmas event that failed was the card exchange. Litterally no one managed to get any of the poyos, not even the "top 5%" people like to complain about. Anyone else got atleast a couple of marks, or many if they actually grinded, which made it a okay event for anyone who participated. I hope obviously, the rates of this event will be decent for everyone, regardless of level and gear, and people won't need to take a further piss on what should be a cute event to get some new familiars. But even if the rates will be good... I can see how the whining about people with more free time getting more stuff will continue regardless of how this event will go.

dakocit, Mhysh and John Doe like this.
  18. Silk

Silk Active Member

I think some people here don't get what special event like these are suppose to be.

The whole game is a grind and about how much time you put into it and that's okay hell even the fishing is a huge ass grind.... so sick of it I haven't even bothered to log in the last few days. Everything in this game is a grind be it crafting farming decent gear and even fishing.

Events are suppose to be a fun break from this. This is a game, turning it into a second job which isn't fun is not the way to go.

As for the xmas event it was a fail some of us didn't even bother with it from what I heard from many in game. Just the same few fans praised it. Don't wonder why the server pop is so low and don't expect it to get much bigger.

Also the argument that people are lazy because they wont grind 4 hours every night in a video is the stupidest thing ever.

I play games for fun not to earn a living, laziness isn't a factor.

19. Gibbit

Gibbit Active Member

Banana Overlord
    If you consider automatic fishing a grind perhaps this game really just doesn't fit you then...

20. Silk

Silk Active Member

It is a grind if you consider the time your character spends doing it , 3hrs here 5 hours there all day at another spot. Perhaps you dont know what a "grind" is?

It's doing the same thing over and over n over n over n over ad nauseam... fishing my be an automated grind but it's still a grind.

Far far too many uppity kids thinking if they have 4 or 6 hours a day to playing video game it makes them super hardcore or super hard working.

Anyways that my 2cents on this subject Sub will do as Sub will do regardless. I am just glad that some few people, that frequent this forum, like lyryal get it.

Frankly there's some other good games coming out soonish so...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.